Mary McCoy, with the help of Julie Nemecek, will be offering a small group on “Contemplative Living” via Zoom. “Bridges to Contemplative Living” invites participants to a personal transformation for the sake of a more just and peaceful world. The format is based on key principles of Thomas Merton’s thoughts:
- Our everyday life is our spiritual path
- It is every person’s primary vocation to be fully human, aware of who we are and how we relate to others
- Our spiritual formation cannot take place in isolation
- Spiritual formation is grounded in the experience of relationships and community
- Personal transformation is the foundation for societal and cultural transformation
It will be an 8 week program (with an option for a second series if interested) and works best if a commitment is made to attend all sessions. Once started, it will not be open to individuals joining as the depth of conversation it seeks to establish requires stability and commitment. The booklet that will be used costs $5.95 and can be purchased by the participant here. If you need assistance in ordering or paying for the book, please contact the church office.