National, Regional, and Local UCC Resources and Interests
Documents and Resolutions
• United Church of Christ Statement of Faith
• A “Just Peace” Church Declaration by the United Church of Christ
• Plymouth United Church of Christ “Just Peace” Resolution
• Plymouth United Church of Christ “Wage Peace” Resolution
• Plymouth’s Open and Affirming Declaration
• Plymouth’s Mission and Identity Statement
National Resources and Interests
•Chicago Theological Seminary – The Midwest seminary of the United Church of Christ.
•United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities - United Church of Christ seminary located in New Brighton, Minnesota.
•Justice and Witness Ministries – One of four Covenanted Ministries in the UCC, Justice and Witness Ministries helps local UCC congregations and all settings of the church respond to God's commandments to do justice, seek peace, and effect change for a better world.
• Open and Affirming – UCC site defining Open and Affirming. Includes the most up-to-date listing of Open and Affirming congregations and settings that is available to the public.
• Re-member – An organization serving Native Americans on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Adults and youth from Plymouth UCC travel to the reservation once a year and Plymouth members serve on the Board of Directors.
• United Church of Christ – Learn more about the United Church of Christ.
• UCC Daily Devotionals - Receive the (UCC) Stillspeaking Daily Devotional, via e-mail.
State Resources and Interests
• Michigan Conference UCC – Find local UCC congregations in Michigan based on region. Includes links to websites and contact information.
• Olivet College –Named one of the “best regional colleges in the Midwest” by US News & World Report, Olivet is a UCC-related liberal arts college located in Olivet, Michigan.
Local Resources and Interests
• Domestic Crisis Center – A service of the YWCA West Central Michigan.
• Family Promise/IHN - Provides emergency housing and supportive services for homeless families. Plymouth UCC has been a host congregation for the Family Promise/IHN program since 1997. A coalition of local congregations shares hosting duties on a rotating basis throughout the year; providing food, shelter, and conversation. Families spend one week in each church while working to find shelter and jobs through the Family Promise day center.
• Gays in Faith Together (GIFT) – LGBTQ people, friends, family, and allies who have joined together to form an ecumenical Christian organization in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Offers resources, referrals, and education within the West Michigan community.
• Grand Rapids Urban League - Organized in 1942 and formally incorporated in 1943, the League is one of over 100 affiliates located in 36 states and the District of Columbia, and is the second largest affiliate in Michigan. Its mission is to build strong families through its steadfast commitment to deliver quality services, create changes which eliminate racism; and improve life chances for African Americans, thereby raising the quality of life for everyone.
• Grand West Association of the United Church of Christ – The Grand West Association assists the local UCC congregations in areas where the collective body ministers more effectively than individuals.
• Habitat for Humanity Kent County – “Serving God, building hope and transforming lives through neighborhood revitalization and homeownership for families who otherwise could not afford a home of their own.”
• Partners for a Racism-free Community - Working to provide a racism-free community through action-oriented personal commitments, organizational efforts, educational opportunities, and social advocacy.
• Pilgrim Manor – A UCC-related retirement community situated on the northeast side of Grand Rapids, Michigan that seeks to provide a consistent Christian commitment to compassionate care for our elders.
• United Church Outreach Ministry (UCOM) - UCOM is a ministry begun by UCC churches in the greater Grand Rapids, Michigan area. Plymouth UCC supports UCOM through a monthly loose change offering, food donations, and many, many Plymouth volunteers.